Now Seeking: Web & Social Media Manager
Web & Social Media Manager
The Web & Social Media Manager will maintain and develop content and design on wvliving.com, mywvwedding.com, and morgantownmag.com. He or she will oversee all of New South Media's social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+. In addition, the Web & Social Media Manager will be responsible for email marketing. The position is full-time and located in Morgantown, West Virginia. Salary will commensurate with experience.
- Web content: Manages and uploads web content, including articles, blogs, online store products, and web ads. Works with editorial team and outside bloggers for content. Works with advertising team for web ads.
- Web design: Addresses issues with web design and usability. Work with designers to create graphics.
- Web development: Tracks new technologies, practices, and concepts and implements them as needed.
- Social media: Develops social media content across platforms for all publications. Engages with each publication's audience with a unique voice.
- Email marketing: Develops content for email marketing and promotes newsletters.
- Reporting: Creates analytics reports containing website and social media statistics.
- Familiarity with content management systems, HTML, and CSS.
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+
- Ability to work across multiple brands with unique voices.
- Project/campaign management and developemnt.
- Copywriting and editing.
- Demonstrates high-degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to work with and manage both internal and external teams.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required, as well as 2-3 years experience in marketing, public relations, or media/journalism field.
How to apply
Send resume, cover letter, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept manuscripts. However, potential freelance writers may submit query letters that include well-defined story ideas and published clips to email@example.com. In order to be considered, you must include 3-5 clips, a resume, and cover letter. You must be familiar with the magazine and the magazine’s style. Please, no telephone calls.
We do not accept unsolicited photos. If you are interested in becoming part of our team of freelance photographers, send a query letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This letter must include links to your work as well as your complete contact information. Please, no telephone calls.
Assignments and Fees
Articles should follow the New South Media style guide (given when assigned or upon request), should be thoroughly fact-checked, and include a list of the story’s sources with contact information. Stories must include headlines and subheads and end with business information, as indicated in the style guide. Writers will receive contracts and W-9s upon being given their first paid assignments.
When a story is assigned to a freelance writer/photographer who has never worked with New South Media before, the assignment is unpaid for the first time. If the relationship continues, a contract will be sent to the writer with payment details for any subsequent article. Checks are mailed on the 15th of each month after the issue hits stands. New South Media does not pay for travel expenses.
Assigned photographers must fill out a photo release form in addition to a contract and W-9.
We are now seeking bloggers for the WV Sound blog. Bloggers are unpaid. Blogs at wvliving.com and mywvwedding.com are evolving, and applicants should e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Interns at New South Media are unpaid. Internships are offered year-round in the areas of editorial, photography, administrative, marketing and advertising, and web and video. To be considered, send a resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone interested in an internship must be familiar with the company's publications and be a team player and self-starter with flexible hours.