Inside Sales Representative
New South Media, Inc., the publisher of award-winning magazines WV Living, WV Weddings, Morgantown, and several custom publications, is growing its advertising team. We are seeking talented and competitive PART-TIME and FULL-TIME Inside Sales Representatives to help meet customer retention, acquisition, and revenue growth objectives. Inside Sales Rep responsibilities include acquiring new advertisers and nurturing existing ones to grow sales and meet goals for a new national project awarded to New South Media.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales targets.
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas.
- Effectively manage accounts already advertising in local, regional and national publications.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
- Report and forecast sales revenue on regular and/or scheduled basis.
- Manage both assigned and secured clients lists, maintain and expand your company database to best meet and/or exceed established goals.
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals.
- Create and perform effective proposals and online demos to prospects.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure brand consistency and attend all company meetings as planned or assigned.
- Inside sales experience helpful but not required. Experience with media sales and/or B2B or B2C sales a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Ability to articulate the distinct aspects of publications and comfortably engage with clients over the phone at all executive levels.
- Target and goal-oriented.
- Excellent listening and negotiating skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work from our Morgantown, WV office (minimum of 24 hours per week for part-time positions).
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 30, 2017.
We do not accept manuscripts. However, potential freelance writers may submit query letters that include well-defined story ideas and published clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be considered, you must include 3-5 clips, a resume, and cover letter. You must be familiar with the magazine and the magazine’s style. Please, no telephone calls.
We do not accept unsolicited photos. If you are interested in becoming part of our team of freelance photographers, send a query letter to email@example.com. This letter must include links to your work as well as your complete contact information. Please, no telephone calls.
Assignments and Fees
Articles should follow the New South Media style guide (given when assigned or upon request), should be thoroughly fact-checked, and include a list of the story’s sources with contact information. Stories must include headlines and subheads and end with business information, as indicated in the style guide. Writers will receive contracts and W-9s upon being given their first paid assignments.
When a story is assigned to a freelance writer/photographer who has never worked with New South Media before, the assignment is unpaid for the first time. If the relationship continues, a contract will be sent to the writer with payment details for any subsequent article. Checks are mailed on the 15th of each month after the issue hits stands. New South Media does not pay for travel expenses.
Assigned photographers must fill out a photo release form in addition to a contract and W-9.
Interns at New South Media are unpaid. Internships are offered year-round in the areas of editorial, photography, administrative, marketing and advertising, and web and video. To be considered, send a resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone interested in an internship must be familiar with the company's publications and be a team player and self-starter with flexible hours.