This hearty summer soup – packed with greens and beans – is sure to fill your heart, soul, and stomach.
- 1 cup baby asparagus
- 1 cup snap peas
- 3 whole spring onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach or kale
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2/3 cups cooked pasta, mini shells works best
- 15-ounce can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons green pesto
1. Place the green vegetables in a medium-size saucepan. Pour stock over vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked through.
2. Stir in the cooked pasta, beans, and 2 tablespoons of pesto. Warm through, then ladle into bowls and top each with another drizzle of pesto. Enjoy!
WRITTEN BY CARLA WITT FORD