Beat-the-Heat Beauty Tips
It's summer, and we all know it's going to be hot outside. However, Huntington is currently looking at the possibility of three days of back-to-back 100-degree weather, plus another week in the mid-to-high 90s, which means it's not just going to be hot—it's going to be really hot. Here are some products to help keep you looking your best in the hottest of weather.
1. Dry shampoos. Even if you head off to work with clean hair, there's a chance by happy hour your hair is going to look dirty and limp. Spray on the aersol powder, and brush through your hair several times. It will absorb oil, make your hair smell good, and perk the volume up.
2. Oil absorbing sheets. Some days you just feel like you could squeegee the oil off your face, and oil absorbing sheets will help with that. Just make sure to dab your face to keep your makeup intact. If you don't have oil absorbing sheets handy, coffee filters, toliet seat covers, and brown paper towels will all work well in a pinch.
3. BB Crèmes. These new creams pack a punch. They can act as a primer or tinted moisturizer and carry all sorts of other skin-nourishing minerals. Most importantly, they have SPF in them, a must during the summer. Once limited to the likes of Sephora, you can now find them in the drugstore, like near the Garnier and L'Oreal products.
4. Waterproof mascara. This is the waterproof version of my absolute favorite mascara, Tarte's Lights!Camera!Splashes!, and comes in an adorable nautical-themed bottle.
5. NARS The Multiple is a multi-use color stick that can be used on your eyes, cheeks, and lips. Amazing to keep in your bag when the heat keeps melting the makeup off your face.
6. Setting powder helps keep your face from looking too greasy and will help keep your makeup on your face.
7. Clinical strength deodorant can cost $8 to $10, but it is the strongest deodorant on the shelf. The trick is to put it on at night so it can kick in.
8. Spray-on deodorant. I work part-time as a landscaper, so I feel qualified to suggest products that will help limit sweat. I swear by Sure's aerosol deodorant for all other areas that might sweat that aren't your pits.