New South Media seeks a high-performing Account Executive to help meet our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Account Executive responsibilities include acquiring new advertisers and nurturing existing ones to grow sales and meet goals for all products published by New South Media.
- Own and hit/exceed monthly and annual sales targets.
- Effectively manage and grow advertising client base.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with clients and their ad agencies to maintain our publications’ positions as high-quality and valued.
- Garner and/or partner with advertisers; understand their business needs/objectives and match them to New South Media’s products for best fit.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition throughout the staff and externally when representing the company.
- Report and forecast sales revenue on regular and/or scheduled basis.
- Manage both assigned and secured clients lists, including company database to best meet and/or exceed established goals.
- Maintain sales volume and close business to hit goals – 8 to10 weekly client “touches” is standard
- Demonstrate creativity and thorough knowledge of sales processes to provide innovative ideas for business growth for both clients and the company alike
- Liaise with all departments to ensure brand consistency and attend all company meetings as planned or assigned.
We do not accept manuscripts. However, potential freelance writers may submit query letters that include well-defined story ideas and published clips to email@example.com. In order to be considered, you must include 3-5 clips, a resume, and cover letter. You must be familiar with the magazine and the magazine’s style. Please, no telephone calls.
We do not accept unsolicited photos. If you are interested in becoming part of our team of freelance photographers, send a query letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This letter must include links to your work as well as your complete contact information. Please, no telephone calls.
Assignments and Fees
Articles should follow the New South Media style guide (given when assigned or upon request), should be thoroughly fact-checked, and include a list of the story’s sources with contact information. Stories must include headlines and subheads and end with business information, as indicated in the style guide. Writers will receive contracts and W-9s upon being given their first paid assignments.
When a story is assigned to a freelance writer/photographer who has never worked with New South Media before, the assignment is unpaid for the first time. If the relationship continues, a contract will be sent to the writer with payment details for any subsequent article. Checks are mailed on the 15th of each month after the issue hits stands. New South Media does not pay for travel expenses.
Assigned photographers must fill out a photo release form in addition to a contract and W-9.
Interns at New South Media are unpaid. Internships are offered year-round in the areas of editorial, photography, administrative, marketing and advertising, and web and video. To be considered, send a resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to email@example.com. Anyone interested in an internship must be familiar with the company’s publications and be a team player and self-starter with flexible hours.