This mouthwatering, versatile dish can be enjoyed as a main course, or a yummy side paired with your favorite summer feasts.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 whole butternut squash; peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch kale, leaves torn, stalks discarded
- 12 ounces spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add squash and sprinkle with salt, pepper. Cook for several minutes, turning gently with a spatula until squash is deep golden brown and tender but not falling apart. Remove to a plate and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat and add in kale and spinach. Toss with tongs and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cooked squash and gently toss together. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve as a side or main dish or as a filling for quesadillas or sandwiches. Enjoy!
WRITTEN BY CARLA WITT FORD